San Diego Soccer Club augments high quality coaching with player development camps and clinics. SDSC combines the talents of all the Competitive Coaches and adds experts in the fields of conditioning, strength, and speed. Detailed schedules and additional information can be found in the menu on the left. The following highlights each element of the offerings at SDSC:
Skills Clinics – These clinics, led by highly regarded SDSC coaches who have developed exceptionally skilled players for many years, offers players the opportunity to accelerate the development of their individual ball handling, one on one offense and defense, and shooting skills. Skills clinics are offered twice per week or all age groups so every player has the opportunity to participate. These clinics are free to all San Diego Soccer Club players. In August the Skills Clinics focus on offense and shooting. The clinics are directed by the SDSC Coaching Directors and focuses on one on one offense, finishing, and striking the ball. Our goal is to enable our players to get more touches on the ball, strengthen their shot and build confidence in front of the goal.
Goalkeeper Clinics - Directed by highly regarded and experienced coaches, these training sessions offer SDSC Goal Keepers to develop their skills both technically and strategically. These mandatory clinics are free of charge for all SDSC keepers.
• Nikolai Owcharuk - Played indoor and outdoor professional soccer as a Goalkeeper for 9 years and is a District and Regional ODP Goalkeeper coach.
• Matt Hall - Current SDSU Men’s Goal Keeper Coach, Former SDSU and Professional Goal Keeper, has a Cal South Goal Keeper D License, and a Region IV ODP Goal Keeper trainer.
• Guillermo Rodriguez - Current Head Goal Keeper Coach at University of San Diego, 12 Years coaching experience, former NCAA D1 Soccer player, college conference goal keeper of the year.
• Anthony Meza - Former professional goalkeeper, 8 years goalkeeper coaching experience, NSCAA Level III and current BU14 Head Coach.
Speed and Conditioning Clinics "SoccerFit" for U7 to U13 - These very popular speed development and agility clinics are available to all players U7 - U13 who are interested in becoming faster and fitter specifically for the game of soccer.
- The clinics will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays July 9,11,16,18,23,25.
- Location and Time: TBA (2 sessions each day)
- There is a small fee of $30 to cover all six sessions.
- The Registration deadline is June 15.
- For more information contact Mark Connelly
Letics Speed, Strength, and Conditioning Training for Boys and Girls U14 to U19 - These camps provide specialized training for boys and girls teams U14 - U19 focused on speed, conditioning, core strength and acceleration. This will prepare them for the speed and intensity of higher level and college soccer. These sessions are guaranteed to challenge each athlete physically and prepare them for summer tournaments and fall league competition. There is a small participation fee for each player.
Team Summer Camps – All Teams and players U7-U19 may join sessions organized by age group and team. The SDSC Coaching Directors Peter Stogsdill, Seamus McFadden, Brian Quinn, and Raffi Ruotolo offer team-based soccer camps throughout the summer. These camps are focused on developing team and individual technical skills giving each player the opportunity to be coached by our skilled and experienced Coaching Directors. These camps are energizing, motivating and engaging. The camps are open to all SDSC teams, individual players, RB Rec players, PQ Rec players and players from other clubs. The application deadline is one week before the camp start date.